The Program in Immunology is an inter-institutional program that brings together world renowned researchers from across UC San Diego and the La Jolla Institute with a shared interest in all aspects of host immunity. It will promote a free-standing graduate program, a seminar series, an annual meeting, seed grants for collaborative research projects, and applications for postdoctoral and predoctoral training grants. It will develop alliances with other innovative programs on campus and across the Torrey Pines Mesa such as the Microbiome initiative.
Provide program coordination and administration for the Program. Manage all aspects of the business affairs of the Program and provide comprehensive planning and support to the Directors and the Steering Committee. The Administrator will provide oversight of the Program budget, and prepare reports as needed to be delivered to Executive Vice Chancellor, the Dean of the School of Medicine, and the President of the La Jolla Institute.
The Administrator will initiate and oversee branding and advertising the Program in Immunology through creation and direction of a web-site and other aspects of on-line, social media-inspired communication. Will coordinate the Program Seminar Series, including reaching out to faculty for nominations, tallying preferences, and organizing visits, including travel plans, room reservation and schedule of meetings. Will assist the Program Directors in the creation of, and application for, a stand-alone graduate program in immunology—and all that this entails. Will advertise the joint grants program and coordinate the grant application and review process.
• Experience in advertising or branding a program as defined by creating a web presence and interacting with social media to expose and advertise an academic program or a commercial enterprise.
• Experience organizing seminars, meetings, and/or special events, including booking meeting rooms, coordinating catering, designing promotional materials, confirming guest speakers, organizing schedules and agendas, and distributing materials.
• Proven working knowledge of accounting, including overseeing budget and experience processing travel advances, reimbursements and honorariums as needed.
• Experience in organizing a group to set common goals and achieve those goals through delegation of responsibility, regular meetings, and analysis of progress.
• Strong written communication skills with demonstrated ability to compose correspondence, proofread letters, memos, and reports using correct rules of punctuation, grammar, and style.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years experience working in a higher education institution; or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience researching, analyzing, and organizing information to produce concise reports using databases.
• Skill to analyze, formulate solutions, and resolve problems in the absence of higher authorities while maintaining professional relationships.
• Experience working with little supervision, independently on more than one task, and determine priorities in a shifting environment with frequent interruptions.
• Requires a high degree of professionalism and the exercise of independent judgment in a dynamic, time-pressured environment.
• A background check is required.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, and to apply, please click HERE
Filing Deadline: Fri 1/13/2017