The Accounts Payable Clerk (AP Clerk) will be responsible for a number of Accounting Dept support functions including accurate processing of accounts payable transactions and timely payment of vendors and staff.
Coordination with the position’s supervisor in setting priorities is essential to team cohesion and effective clerical support for Accounting Dept staff. Emphasis will be placed on skills related to ability to manage large volume of invoices, maintenance of filing systems, accuracy in data entry, effective communications with other staff, and ability to maintain and archive the A/P files. Ability to work in paperless environment a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for processing of accounts payable transactions
• Responsible for maintaining the vendor database
• Reviews and collates supporting documentation for A/P prior to processing
• Maintains all accounts payable files and archives
• Prepares manual checks as needed
• Responsible for weekly check run
• Investigates and reports on past-due vendor notices or inquiries
• Reconciles vendor statements to Accounts Payable history and resolves outstanding liabilities
• Provide clerical support to Accounting Department staff with a focus on filing, data entry, mailing, photocopying, labeling, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
0 to 1 year accounts payable experience a plus. Must have ability to perform routine data entry and posting tasks accurately and efficiently. Familiarity with computer spreadsheets required, EXCEL and Adobe experience highly desirable. Must have excellent organizational skills, judgment and ability to prioritize and follow through with assigned tasks. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to resolve accounts payable problems courteously and professionally.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter attached within a single document to be considered. Please apply here.
In 2016, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.