The Accounts Payable Clerk (AP Clerk) will be responsible for a number of Accounting Department support functions including accurate processing of accounts payable transactions and timely payment of vendors and staff. Coordination with the position’s supervisor in setting priorities is essential to team cohesion and effective clerical support for Accounting Department staff. Emphasis will be placed on skills related to ability to manage large volume of invoices, maintenance of filing systems, accuracy in data entry, effective communications with other staff, and ability to maintain and archive the A/P files. Ability to work in paperless environment a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for processing of accounts payable transactions
• Responsible for maintaining the vendor database
• Reviews and collates supporting documentation for A/P prior to processing
• Maintains all accounts payable files and archives
• Prepares manual checks as needed
• Responsible for weekly check run
• Investigates and reports on past-due vendor notices or inquiries
• Reconciles vendor statements to Accounts Payable history and resolves outstanding liabilities
• Provide clerical support to Accounting Department staff with a focus on filing, data entry, mailing, photocopying, labeling, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
0 to 1 year accounts payable experience a plus. Must have ability to perform routine data entry and posting tasks accurately and efficiently. Familiarity with computer spreadsheets required, EXCEL and Adobe experience highly desirable. Must have excellent organizational skills, judgment and ability to prioritize and follow through with assigned tasks. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to resolve accounts payable problems courteously and professionally.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references to be considered. Please enclose all application documents within a single file attachment. To apply, please click HERE
LJI is an independent non-profit research institute located on the UCSD campus.
LJI is an equal opportunity employer, and women and minorities are encouraged to apply.