Bioinformatics Postdoc in Cancer Immunology
La Jolla Institute for Immunology
We are looking to expand our team with a Bioinformatics Postdoctoral fellow who is up for the challenge of working at the interface of computational, experimental and clinical science. The Peters lab has a long-standing track record of developing and contributing to computational algorithms for T cell epitope identification that are now in broad use in the cancer community even though they were originally intended to be applied for infectious diseases. The candidate will join our recently started effort to develop cancer specific computational tools to aid in the identification of T cell epitopes specific to tumors, and work with data from our network of clinical and experimental collaborators to develop improved algorithms as well as aid in the design and interpretation of experiments.
– High-Throughput Sequencing data analysis (exome and transcriptome from bulk and single-cell sequencing)
– TCR sequence analysis
– application and development of state-of-the-art analysis tools
– communicate with clinical collaborators and aid in translational study design
– PhD degree, ideally in Computational Biology or Bioinformatics (candidates with equivalent skills and interests in computer science, statistics, and biomedicine will be considered)
– experience with at least one programming language is required (e.g. Python, R, or Perl)
– experience with High-Throughput Sequencing data
– experience with TCR sequence analysis is a strong plus
– knowledge of or strong interest in cancer biology and immunology is a strong plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter (single attachment) through our online portal here to be considered.
In 2017, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 24 world-renowned faculty and over 100 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21 different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.