Responsible for obtaining a continuous supply of goods and services necessary to support the operations of La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI). Interdepartmental communications in scheduling & organizing monthly vendor show events with top suppliers. Provide customer service and support to employees on all departmental issues, maintain and distribute the appropriate documentation necessary to process the purchasing transactions in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with Federal regulations (Uniform Guidance & OMB Circular Standards). Responsible for the placement and tracking of purchase orders, expediting deliveries, returns, e-catalog & vendor maintenance, as well as the implementation of strategic sourcing methodology. Ensures that the supply of goods and services are procured at the lowest price & highest quality to support the operations of LJI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Placing and confirming orders with vendors & end-users
• Deploy strategic sourcing methodology for major spend categories by vendor price analysis & spend history.
• Dedicated to providing value all the time, especially to internal customers.
• Maximize the utilization of technology; e.g.: paperless.
• Responsible for processing purchase requisitions, editing the e-catalog, order placement, data entry, and all follow up such as status checks, expediting and returns.
• Identify cost savings and negotiate better pricing when applicable
• Provide training & expertise for online order system (PQ)
• Schedule & organize monthly vendor show events with top suppliers
• Assist with streamlining departmental procedures
• Assists scientists as needed in sourcing & quote requests
• Assist in resolving shipping and/or billing discrepancies with the AP & Receiving Dept
B.S. or B.A. degree preferred, with minimum 2 years of strategic purchasing experience. Strong interpersonal skills are essential, particularly the ability to cooperate and interface with other Institute personnel, offices and with outside vendors. Knowledge of Institute purchasing policies and procedures, cost saving strategies and implementation, process improvement, negotiation, contract negotiation/development/management, cross-functional team cooperation, supplier alliances, e-procurement, category management, program knowledge such as; Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Editor, as well as a minimal understanding of scientific terms, supplies, and equipment.
Salary Range: 40K – 45K depending on experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should upload their resume. Please apply here.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.