The Clinical Core Assistant is responsible for coordination of clinical studies programs working under the direction of the Clinical Studies Coordinator and the Manager of Clinical Studies. They will also be required to work in close conjunction with PIs at clinical sites, and affiliated personnel. Duties include monitoring subject recruitment and blood processing/shipping from the clinical sites to LJI, record keeping, correspondences, communications, scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes. Performing phlebotomy on research donors if certified to do so.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in clinical subject recruitment by ensuring that the advertisements for enrollment are appropriately and proactively placed, and other similar activities.
• Monitors subject recruitment, including subject confidentiality and informed consent compliance.
• Assists with contact of clinical study participants, including tracking and monitoring progress in enrollment by means of frequent telephone calls, physical assessment of potential subjects, in conjunction with the Clinical Studies Coordinator
• Maintains all necessary folders and subject-related databases as assigned by Clinical Studies Coordinator
• Coordinates with LJI laboratory personnel in order to ensure samples are received in an appropriate and efficient manner.
• Performs phlebotomy on research donors in accordance with current practice standards.
• Assists in the processing of clinical studies samples obtained from LJI and external sites
This position requires previous experience in the coordination of clinical trials or equivalent research studies. Good communication and organizational skills. Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Must be able to take initiative and work with limited supervision. Accurate grammar, spelling, and punctuation for English writing a necessity. Phlebotomy certificate or equivalent desired.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter enclosed in a single document to be considered. Apply here.
In 2016, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.