Clinical Studies Nurse (LVN)
Clinical Studies Nurse (LVN)
The Clinical Studies Nurse will work closely with the clinical core staff and a variety of research personnel to facilitate the recruitment, screening, enrollment and study visits of volunteer participants in research studies at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI), ensuring compliance with all institutional health and safety regulations as well as Human Subjects Regulations for research. This position is responsible for the accurate completion of visit procedures and collection of information from study participants according to protocols, and for protecting the health, safety, and welfare of research participants. In addition, the clinical studies nurse also acts as study coordinator for limited studies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work closely with Principal Investigators (PIs) and Clinical Staff to develop and conduct participant recruitment for a variety of research studies.
– Assist PIs in writing and submitting Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols, amendments, and annual status reports for active studies.
– Ensure compliance with study protocols, SOP’s, and established company policies by providing thorough review and documentation at each study visit.
– Develop recruitment plans unique to each study, including flyer advertisements, social media posts, and database use.
– Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met.
– Participate in research team meetings and assist with preparation of donor enrollment summaries and/or presentations as required.
• Work closely with the Clinical Core staff to schedule and perform blood draws in accordance with research study requirements
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills to perform participant recruitment in person, in writing, and on the telephone.
• Provides patient education and medical information to study participants to ensure understanding of risks and benefits of study procedures.
• Perform routine phlebotomy, vaccinations, and additional procedures in accordance with study protocols and best practices.
• Obtain and record accurate information and details to ensure proper completion of forms and reports.
• Coordinate with clinical team for scheduling of lab processing and receipt of external samples including arranging the delivery of samples to requested labs for clinical draws that are not performed at LJI.
• Interface with external vendors/companies to arrange for offsite donation / sampling logistics.
• Process payments to donors with accurate documentation for service tracking.
• Develop documents and tools as needed to facilitate communication of study data (tracking sheets, donor databases, communication systems, etc.).
• Marketing and communicating LJI Clinical Studies brand to build donor database for future study recruitment needs.
• Develop and maintain collaborative ties with local and regional institutes, clinics, and any facilities related to active research projects.
This position requires a licensed nurse (LVN) in good standing. General knowledge of scientific and medical terms required. Requires exceptional communication and organizational skills. Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and familiarity with Mac Operating Systems required. Person must be able to work on his or her own initiative with limited supervision and prioritize workload, with the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks accurately. He or she must have knowledge of human subject’s guidelines (will train) and the ability to work with individuals and groups of all ages from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Preferred qualifications include any of the following: previous Clinical Coordinator experience, CCRP/CCRC certification, Phlebotomy experience and Blood Withdrawal Certified. CPR certification.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Advancement opportunities for qualified candidate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants please submit your resume to be considered. Please apply here.
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social/recreational programs.