Flow Cytometry Specialist
The LJI Flow Cytometry Core Facility is recruiting a Flow Cytometry Specialist to assist in the daily operation of the Flow Cytometry Core Facility. The Flow Cytometry Core Facility provides cell-sorting and analysis services and support to the whole institute, as well as Kyowa Hakko Kirin, UCSD, and other external LJI collaborators. The Flow Cytometry Specialist supports core facility staff and provides assistance in the overall workflow including calibration, operation, and maintenance of all 15 instruments – cell sorters and analyzers. The Flow Cytometry Specialist is responsible for providing guidance and assistance to new and existing facility users and will have the opportunity to work on several different BD platforms and Fluidigm’s CyTOF Helios Mass Cytometer.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs daily calibration, operation, startup and shutdown, routine maintenance, and basic troubleshooting of all sorters and analyzers
• Perfoms low, medium, and high-speed bulk and custom multi-parameter cell sorting of various cell lines and cell types from murine, macaque, and human tissue/organs
• Weekly cleaning and organization of all analyzer rooms and main sorter room
• Weekly decontamination of all sorters and monthly cleaning of all analyzers
• Weekly/monthly data archive and database management of all sorters and analyzers
• Assists facility users in multi-parameter data acquisition and analysis using various software including: Diva acquisition software, FlowJo and Cytobank analysis software
• Provides assistance to new and existing facility users regarding instrument operation, panel design, experiment troubleshooting, and data analysis
• Restock and order lab supplies and reagents
• Communicate effectively with other team members and facility users
• Requires a BS/BA degree, Ph.D or equivalent experience with a scientific background. Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences preferred with 1-2 years experience in a core facility environment
• Experience in immunophenotyping and flow cytometry preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI us located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Please apply here.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social/recreational programs.