We are seeking an entry-level WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. This position requires a combination of web design and programming skills. The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
WordPress Developer duties and responsibilities
• Maintaining LJI’s external website (architecture, design, functionality, content)
• Designing and implementing new features and functionality
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO), metadata, image and content optimization, keywords
• Integrating third-party applications (Salesforce, Pardot)
• Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
• Designing and implementing external and internal user interfaces
WordPress Developer requirements and qualifications
• Working knowledge of MSSQL, AngularJS, Node, Coldfusion
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Experience with UX Design and prototyping
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
• Strong understanding of back-end development tools such as PHP, MySQL, NPM, Grunt
• BA/BS in related field
• 0 – 3 years related experience
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Please apply here.
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI us located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social/recreational programs.