Intellectual Property Agent
Intellectual Property Agent
This is a full-time position and salary will be commensurate with experience. The Intellectual Property Agent will report to the Senior Manager, Intellectual Property. Possibility for position to be partially or fully remote.
This position will assist the Senior Manager, Intellectual Property by providing scientific and administrative support for all intellectual property and patent prosecution activities. The Intellectual Property Agent’s responsibilities will include scientific review of invention disclosures and manuscripts and performance of patent searches as well as maintenance of internal IP databases and patent prosecution deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Scientific Support Activities:
• Provide scientific support in reviewing and processing invention disclosures, patent applications and prior art references, and in preparing responses to the patent office.
• Review of manuscripts and grant applications for relevance to pending technologies and patent filings
• Conduct patentability and freedom to operate searches and provide related internal reports
• Review scientific scope of research proposals and assist in determining relevance to or overlap with existing technologies and projects.
• Docket and track invention disclosure and patent prosecution deadlines.
• Coordinate communications to LJI’s Office of Sponsored Research regarding review of grant applications and grant invention reports.
• Coordinate receipt, execution and transfer to outside counsel of patent assignments, inventor declarations and other patent prosecution-related documents.
• Manage internal database program for invention disclosures and patent documents including updating files and generating reports.
• Process patent invoices, track patent-related expenditures and manage maintenance fees through patent CPI database.
• Manage invention disclosures and related submissions and reporting to government through iEdison system.
Candidates must have a scientific background with a graduate degree, Ph.D and immunology background preferred. Preference for candidates with experience in technology transfer and/or patent prosecution, including performance of patentability and freedom to operate searches, and experience with Inteum software and iEdison reporting.
Ideal candidates will also possess excellent communication skills, with a track record for effectively translating complex scientific information. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are also required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter in a single-file attachment to be considered. Please apply here.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.