This is a training opportunity/unpaid internship available to a current undergraduate (upper division standing preferred) who is interested in gaining laboratory skills in Dr. Yun-Cai Liu’s lab. This internship is unpaid, though may lead to a paid position depending on individual performance.
• Knowledge of basic lab techniques and terms (pipetting, sterile technique, serial dilutions, solution preparation and cell culture)
• Strong background in molecular biology, cell biology techniques, and genotyping of mice
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
• Additional skills required: basic computing skills, following experimental protocols, maintaining clear and detailed lab notebooks is a must; ability for independent thinking and strongly self-motivated.
• A 1 year commitment is required and students in their 2nd or 3rd year are preferred.
• This position will require a full-time commitment during the summer with 8-20 hours being required during academic time.
Must be willing to work with laboratory mice
How to Apply:
Interested candidates MUST submit a CV, cover letter, and a list of three references to be considered. Please enclose all documents within a single attachment. Please email email@example.com