Looking for an enthusiastic, motivated intern to join the Liu lab for an unpaid internship position (possibility of payment in the future), a valuable opportunity for anyone considering a career in research. This role will start in late January. The candidate will preferably be an undergraduate in their 2nd year of study and ideally be able to commit to two years in the lab.
• Detail oriented, able to work independently, efficiently and use initiative.
• Able to commit 15 hours a week
• Clear communication and note taking is a must
• Capable of working with small rodents
• Knowledge of basic genetics and PCR is preferred. As is any previous lab and animal handling experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered.
In 2017, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.