Training opportunity/unpaid internship available in Dr Donald Newmeyer’s lab. Seeking current undergraduate (upper division standing preferred). This will be a particularly great opportunity for the students who are considering a career in scientific research.
• Knowledge of basic lab techniques and terms (pipetting, sterile technique, serial dilutions, solution preparation and cell culture).
• Previous lab experience is preferred.
• One year of general biology and general chemistry required (more upper division classes recommended).
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly and to work independently.
• Additional skills required: basic computing skills, following experimental protocols, maintaining clear and detailed lab notebooks is a must; ability for
independent thinking, communication and, most importantly, strongly self-motivated.
• Minimum of 15 hours during school year and 20 hours a week during the summer.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Please apply HERE
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.