Training opportunity/unpaid internship available in Dr Donald Newmeyer’s lab. Seeking current undergraduate (upper division standing preferred) who is intending to go to a graduate school to study biology-related subjects.
• Knowledge of basic lab techniques and terms (pipetting, sterile technique, serial dilutions, solution preparation and cell culture).
• Previous lab experience is preferred.
• One year of general biology and general chemistry required (more upper division classes recommended).
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly and to work independently.
• Additional skills required: basic computing skills, following experimental protocols, maintaining clear and detailed lab notebooks is a must; ability for
independent thinking, communication and, most importantly, strongly self-motivated.
• Minimum of 15 hours during school year and 20 hours a week during the summer.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Please apply here.