Currently Dr. Shresta’s laboratory is seeking a motivated individual to fulfill an internship position in her laboratory. The lab is located at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology and is concentrated on developing research related to the infectious pathways and resulting immunological response to Zika and Dengue virus. Please visit our website for more current information about Dr. Shresta’s laboratory.
• 10 – 15 hours required each week.
• 3.5 GPA or higher (preferred)
• Laboratory experience preferred, but not required. Experience performing tissue culture or animal based laboratory work preferred.
• Require 1 year commitment minimum and prefer student in sophomore academic curriculum.
• Capable of working with small rodents and performing tissue culture related work to sterile non-infectious cell lines. Murine husbandry will be a requirement for this position.
• Organized and detail oriented, note taking individual capable of utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About the La Jolla Institute
In 2017, LJI was ranked as the #1 place to work in academia based on a survey by The San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 24 world-renowned faculty and postdoctoral researchers hailing from 32 different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter. Please enclose documents into a single file attachment. Please apply here
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.