Junior HR Analyst
The Junior Human Resources Analyst will collect, compile, and analyze HR data, metrics, and statistics, as well as perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the LJI Human Resources department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resources information system (HRIS), employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, and other sources.
• Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
• Prepares reports of data results. May present findings to senior leadership.
• Assists with performance and benefit review and evaluation process.
• Conducts or assists with periodic audits to ensure jobs are properly classified, and personnel data are collected and documented appropriately.
• Creates and maintains LJI alumni database.
• Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, and hiring processes.
• Conducts exit interviews
• Assists with planning and execution of special events such as organization-wide meetings and trainings, holiday parties, and employee appreciation events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills. You enjoy working with numbers and data, and bringing structure to complex data sheets.
• Strong relationship building skills with internal/external partners and senior staff.
• Must be detail-oriented and exhibiting creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent in Excel and Powerpoint and other presentation software.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the HRIS, Dayforce.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial or Organizational Psychology, or related field required.
• At least one year of relevant experience is preferred, experience with data analysis is a must.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter enclosed within a single file attachment to be considered. Please apply here.
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social/recreational programs.