Currently Dr. Shresta laboratory is seeking two interns. The lab is located at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology and is concentrated on developing research related to the infectious pathways and resulting immunological response to Zika and Dengue virus.
Shresta lab specializes in understanding the mechanistic involvement of specific pathways and cell types involved in flavivirus infection related to in vivo murine and cell based models.
The position of “Lab Intern,” is expected to aid the Research Technicians and Post-Doctorate Graduates in performing experiments. General lab maintenance will be a requirement where incumbent will maintain stocking and overall cleanliness of the laboratory.
This is an unpaid internship, and may lead to a paid position depending on individual performance. The pay grade will be $10.50/hr; schedules may be flexible.
• 10 – 15 hours required each week.
• 3.5 GPA or higher (preferred)
• Laboratory experience preferred, but not required. Experience performing tissue culture or animal based laboratory work preferred.
• Require 1 year commitment minimum and prefer student in sophomore academic curriculum.
• Capable of working with small rodents and performing tissue culture related work to sterile non-infectious cell lines.
• Organized and detail oriented, note taking individual capable of utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please send your resume and cover letter. Please enclose documents into a single file attachment. To apply click here.
In 2016, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 24 world-renowned faculty and over 70 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21 different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices,including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.