The La Jolla Institute is seeking a temporary Project Coordinator. This is a full time, temporary position with benefits. The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting those groups under the Facilities and Operations Senior Director with various requests and building related needs. They are also the first back-up to the Front Desk Receptionist position requiring knowledge of all duties and ability to assist in all front desk related matters. Requires a person who is positive, vibrant, professionally dressed, well informed and a great communicator. A punctual, reliable and detail orientated person is critical for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Back-up for the Receptionist position; includes coverage of breaks/lunches on a daily basis and meetings
• Ensures cross-training of core functions between the Receptionist and Operations Assistant positions to provide continuity of support to department.
• Work directly with Facilities to coordinate vendors for various jobs
• Responsible for managing construction and various tasks involved in order for the schedule to progress
• Assist Operations in keeping all files up to date in applicable servers
• Provide miscellaneous clerical assistance as directed such as scanning, data entry and generating departmental purchase orders
• Assist Operations Department with special projects and daily tasks as requested (e.g. cost analyses, spreadsheets, forms, inventory, ordering and vendor communication)
• Maintain and inventory all conference rooms; including restocking and necessary upkeep
• Responsible for various building and other service related accounts
• Conduct building walks to inventory wide range of issues, requests, and any necessary maintenance.
• Responsible to communicate and follow through on any needs/requests due to these rounds.
• Assist issuing various supplies as requested
• Perform requested tasks by Facilities Department such as vendor coordination, inventory, signage, forms and organization
• Assist Shipping and Receiving with various administrative tasks
• May be requested to deliver and/or pick-up other items outside of the Institute, including UCSD library requests
• Must demonstrate willingness to learn new processes and procedures
• Assist Operations Manager with various requests and maintaining policies and procedures.
• All other job duties as assigned
• Experience in construction and/or project management/coordination is a plus
• Ability to prioritize and balance numerous/complex tasks, and adapt to changing priorities
• Position is Full Time; M-F with the ability to cover additional hours if needed
• Must have at least 2 years of related experience and/or training
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Outgoing, mature individual with ability to perform multiple tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
• Superb customer service skills
• Must possess a high level of integrity and understand the importance of confidentiality
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Please apply here.
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI us located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.