3-4 Postdoctoral Positions in Dr. Toshi Kawakami Lab are immediately available for studies in:
• Mechanisms of IgE/FceRI-mediated activation and signal transduction.
• Role of histamine-releasing factor in allergies and inflammation.
• Animal models of allergic diseases.
Refer to our publications: Immunity 14:791, 2001; Nat Rev Immunol 2:773, 2002; PNAS 100:12911, 2003; Cancer Cell 16:161, 2009; J Exp Med 206:1219, 2009; Immunity 34:893, 2011; J Clin Invest 122:218, 2012; Cell Reports 6:366, 2014.
• Molecular and cell biological techniques, transgenic and mast cell knock-in techniques, and mouse allergic disease models are being used.
• Highly motivated individuals with an M.D. or Ph.D. degree are welcome to apply.
Interested individuals should submit their CV when applying, as well as send an email to
Toshiaki Kawakami, MD, PhD
Please apply HERE
In 2017, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 23 world-renowned faculty and over 70 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21 different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.