Post-Doctoral positions are available at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) in the research group of Dr. Vijayanand for studying the immunological and molecular basis of asthma and cancer. Please refer to our recent publications:
• Interleukin-4 Production by Follicular Helper T Cells Requires the Conserved Il4 Enhancer Hypersensitivity Site V. (Immunity, 2012)
• Innate-like functions of natural killer T cell subsets result from highly divergent gene programs. (Nature Immunology, 2016)
• Transcriptional Profiling of Th2 Cells Identifies Pathogenic Features Associated with Asthma. (Journal of Immunology, 2016)
• 17q21 asthma-risk variants switch CTCF binding and regulate IL-2 production by T cells. (Nature Communications, 2016)
• Epigenomic analysis of primary human T cells reveals enhancers associated with TH2 memory cell differentiation and asthma susceptibility. (Nature Immunology, 2014)
Experience in mouse and/or human immunology is preferable.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter enclosed within a single attachment to be considered. Apply here.
LJI is an independent, non-profit research institute, and is a great place for postdoctoral fellows to work. It was recently ranked in the world’s top 5 immunology research institutes and was ranked #1 in a survey of postdocs as ‘best places to work’ worldwide by The Scientist magazine.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.