Postdoctoral Position in Vaccine Immunology and CD4 T Cell and B Cell Biology (Crotty)
Postdoctoral positions (NIH grant funded – up to 5 years) are available at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) in the research group of Prof. Shane Crotty. The goal of the laboratory is to elucidate the immunobiology underlying successful vaccines and protective immune responses and apply those principles and mechanisms to the development of future vaccines.
Please refer to some of our recent publications for the active research areas of the Crotty laboratory:
1. LEF-1 and TCF-1 orchestrate TFH differentiation by regulating differentiation circuits upstream of the transcriptional repressor Bcl6. Nature Immunology 2015
2. HIV-1 broadly neutralizing antibody precursor B cells revealed by germline-targeting immunogen. Science 2016
3. Activin A programs human T follicular helper (Tfh) cell differentiation. Nature Immunology 2016
4. Direct probing of germinal center responses reveals immunological features and bottlenecks for neutralizing antibody responses to HIV Env trimer. Cell Reports 2016
5. Precursor frequency and affinity determine B cell competitive fitness in germinal centers, tested with germline-targeting HIV vaccine immunogens. Immunity 2018
A PhD or MD degree is required. Ideal postdoctoral candidates will have a strong background in immunology, with an emphasis on T or B cell immunity, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidates with a strong background in viral or bacterial immunology, cell biology, or molecular biology will also be considered.
About La Jolla Institute
LJI is a great place to work as a postdoc. It has been ranked as one of the world’s top 5 immunology research institutes or departments based on literature citations, and was ranked #1 in a recent survey of postdocs as ‘best places to work’ worldwide by The Scientist magazine. In 2017, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 24 world-renowned faculty and over 70 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21 different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
How to Apply
Interested individuals must include their curriculum vitae, cover letter, and the names of three references. Please enclose all documents within a single PDF file attachment when applying.
Please apply HERE
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.