There is an opening for a Bioinformatics Research Technician in Dr. Bjoern Peters’ lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects, follow priority directives, complete tasks in a timely manner, and communicate effectively within the bioinformatics team. The position involves taking on both short- and long-term projects.
• Bachelor degree in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology
• Interest in cancer biology and immunology
• Knowledge of at least one programming language
• Comfortability dealing with a variety of data types
• Familiar with standard bioinformatics practices and databases
• Familiar with programming best practices (e.g., revision control, testing, etc.)
• Knowledge of R and Python programming languages
• Experience working in a Unix environment
• Experience with next-generation sequencing datasets and tools
Employees demonstrating interest and ability will have the opportunity to contribute to academic publications at LJI.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter enclosed within a single attachment to be considered. Apply here.
In 2017, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 24 world-renowned faculty and over 70 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21 different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B).
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.