Our independent, non-profit research institute is currently seeking a highly motivated researcher for an immediate opening in the Vaccine Discovery research group. Our laboratory studies ways to fight diseases by understanding the immune response, measuring immune activity, and developing disease intervention strategies against a number of new and emerging infectious diseases. Successful candidates will join an interdisciplinary group of researchers dedicated to the development of new therapeutic and prophylactic approaches to fighting infectious diseases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• The individual will support active research and day-to-day operations of our research laboratory under the direct supervision of a post-doctoral scientist.
• Previous experience with sterile technique, and tissue culture is required.
• Experience with molecular biology (such as PCR), and cellular immunology techniques (such as FACS, ELISA & ELISPOT), are an additional plus.
• Candidates should be motivated, ambitious, enthusiastic and hard working. Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and organizational skills are essential.
• Requires a BA/BS Degree with 1-3 years prior laboratory experience, or MS Degree.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, please submit your CV and cover letter enclosed within a single file attachment. To apply, please click HERE
LJI is an independent non-profit research institute located on the UCSD campus.
LJI is an equal opportunity employer, and women and minorities are encouraged to apply.