Research Technician (Shresta)
Responsible for research and development in collaboration with others. May make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgement within defined practices and policies to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. Technician will support the lab by ordering supplies and making solutions, culturing cells and carrying out molecular biology assays, as well as maintaining a mouse colony which involves husbandry, genotyping, and detailed record-keeping. Virus-host interactions will be studied in a BSL2 environment, with the possibility of required BSL3 facility work involving in vitro and in vivo techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be organized and be able to keep legible, reproducible records
• Must practice cleanliness/sterile technique
• Highly responsive to emails and other communications in a professional manner
• Maintenance of tissue culture rooms
• Replenish stock solutions and materials as needed
• Animal (mouse) husbandry, handling and highly detailed record keeping
• Virus and animal work in BSL2 and possibly BSL3 environment
• Proficiency REQUIRED in Microsoft Suite: Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
• Basic knowledge of molecular bio/immunology techniques
• Assist research projects as required
• Responsibilities include general lab maintenance and organization
• BA or BS in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related field and 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
• Good communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and work as a team.
vFamiliarity with an enthusiasm for basic biological research
vPertinent laboratory experience will be favorably considered.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Please apply here.
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.