Provides hardware and software technical support to end users and IRT department project managers. Assists in the development of standard procedures and publishes documentation for network and technical support activities as directed by Technical Support Supervisor. Assists in the licensing control, installation, and upgrading of institute software assets. Coordinates equipment installation, inventory control and decommissioning. Experience with Macintosh operating system and hardware required. Experience with Windows operating system and software recommended.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Technical support of users in the use of file and electronic mail systems; including monitoring and troubleshooting file/email servers.
• Staffs the Institute help desk and any/all help systems.
• Performs maintenance on computer network, including hardware repair and/or replacement, software diagnostics, and traffic monitoring.
• Assists with workstation inventory control in conjunction with Operations/Purchasing personnel.
• Works with department manager to establish and maintain network security systems.
• Assists in the specification, licensing control, installation, and upgrading of institute software assets. Maintains software license records.
• Provides strategic planning advice to Technical Support Supervisor regarding expansion of IT services to users.
B.S. degree in database/information/business systems or related field or 1-3 years experience in a Help Desk/Tech Support environment. Strong interpersonal skills are essential and ability to work in a professional non-computer savvy environment. Courteous and professional attitude, good judgment and initiative, ability to work independently, and prioritize tasks. Reports to Technical Support Supervisor.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Apply here
In 2016, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.