The Technical Support Specialist provides triage support to Technical Support Specialists. Reviews and acts as primary point of contact for phone, walk-in, and ticket support requests. Responsible for clarifying user requests, assisting in directing users to self-help resources and assisting the Tech Support Specialists in ticket resolution. Handles select functions related to employee hiring/terminations such as inventory and phone system updates. This position will begin as part-time with the potential to transition to full-time within 3-4 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in technical support of users in the use of file and electronic mail systems
• Staffs the Institute help desk and any/all help systems
• Performs various account setup, maintenance, and termination
• Assists with workstation inventory control. Coordinates the specification, licensing control, installation, and upgrading of Institute software assets.
• Maintains software license records.
Knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows operating systems. Experience with computer hardware and prior help desk experience a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume to be considered. Please apply here.
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI us located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.