This is a training opportunity/unpaid internship available to a current undergraduate (upper division standing preferred) who is interested in gaining laboratory skills. Under general supervision, the intern will be responsible for performing a wide variety of research laboratory tasks and assisting in cellular and molecular biology experiments.
The successful candidate can look forward to a strong letter of recommendation and the possibility of advancing to a paid status.
Refer to (http://www.lji.org/faculty-research/labs/benedict/) for a description of the labs area of research.
• Knowledge of basic lab techniques and terms (pipetting, sterile technique, serial dilutions, solution preparation and cell culture is a plus)
• Previous lab experience is preferred
• One year of general biology and general chemistry required (more upper division classes recommended, immunology in particular.
• Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
• Additional skills required: basic computing skills, following experimental protocols, maintaining clear and detailed lab notebooks is a must; ability for independent thinking and strongly self-motivated.
• Must be willing to work with laboratory mice|.
• Minimum of 8 hours a week during the school year, with more hours available during the summer months.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to be considered. Please apply HERE