- Deep tissue imaging of live and fixed specimens with low phototoxicity and photobleaching
- In vivo (mouse) and in vitro (cultured cells, explanted organs) microscopy
- Enhanced resolution confocal and multiphoton microscopy
- 3D volume scanning, time lapse and automated multi-region imaging
BSL2 area with badge-restricted access
Microscope (Upright DM6000 CFS stand)
- DM6000 CFS with motorized focus drive for transmitted light, epifluorescence and confocal laser scanning microscopy
- Motorized Moveable Base Plate - Scientifica stage for ample space for the sample
- 2 position motorized nosepiece
- 6 position motorized nosepiece
- Objective slider for 20x objective with motorized correction collar
- Nosepiece piezoelectric actuator for a precise control of Z positioning
- Tandem (conventional and resonant) galvanometer scanhead.
- Maximum scan format with conventional scanner 8192 x 8192 pixels
- Scanning speeds in conventional scanning: user adjustable from 1 to 1800 Hz/lines per sec (up to 3600 Hz in bidirectional mode)
- Scanning speed in bidirectional mode (resonant scanning): 16000 Hz/lines per sec (minimal zoom 1.3x)
- Infrared laser - Ti-Sapphire femtosecond pulsed Chameleon Ultra II (Coherent Inc.) with tuning range 680-1080 nm, 40 nm/sec tuning speed and 3.5 W average power at peak
- Visible lasers - 405 nm (50 mW), 488 nm (20 mW), 552 nm (20 mW), 638 nm (30 mW)
- 25x/1.00 W motCORR HC IRAPO L, Working Distance 2.6 mm. Water immersion objective with high transmission and color correction optimized for excitation in IR up to 1300 nm. Motorized correction collar for precise and fast adjustment of the optics to changes in refractive index. Use with or without cover glass.
- 20x/0.75 W HC PL IRAPO, WD 0.67 mm. Water immersion objective with high transmission and color correction optimized for excitation in IR up to 1300 nm. Use with or without cover glass.
- 40x/1.1 W CORR HC PL IRAPO, WD 0.65 mm. Water immersion objective with correction collar optimized for multiphoton applications. Use with 0.14-0.18 mm cover glass.
- 63x/0.90 W U-V-I CS2 HC APO L, WD 2.2 mm. Water immersion objective with high color correction and high transmission. Use without cover glass.
- 63x/1.40 OIL CS2 HC PL APO, WD 0.14 mm. Oil immersion objective with superior color correction; optimized for confocal scanning applications.
- 20x/0.95 Water IR corrected XLUMPLFL20XW, WD 2.0 mm (Olympus). For special multiphoton applications.
- 25x/0.95 Water HCX IRAPO L, WD 2.4 mm, Cover glass 0.17 mm. For special multiphoton applications.
- 10x/0.40 Air HC PL APO CS, WD 2.2 mm, Cover glass 0.17 mm. Air objective good for taking an overview of the sample. Not optimized for 405 nm excitation.
- Multiphoton mode: 4 external non descanned detector (NDD) HyD (Hybrid Detector - GaAsP with Avalanche Photodiode)
- Confocal mode: 2 HyD detectors, 2 standard PMT (Photon Multiplier Tube) for fluorescence, 1 PMT for transmitted light
- LAS X (Leica Application Suite with SP8 control software, Dye Finder, 3D Visualization, HyVolution and Electrophysiology modules)
- Huygens Deconvolution Package for Confocal and Multiphoton
- Experiment/image file format: LIF (export options to TIFF, JPEG, AVI, MOV)
- Perfusion pump
- Heating ring for 60 mm dishes
- Isoflurane anesthesia unit
- Animal temperature controller
- Pulse Oximeter
- Suction window for organ stabilization during intravital imaging