At La Jolla Institute for Immunology, we are committed to promoting a culture of inclusion, diversity, equity, and advocacy.
People are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and unique capabilities that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of our culture, our credibility, and the Institute’s achievements.
We embrace and encourage differences in ancestry, age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, language, medical condition, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, military or veteran status, and other characteristics that make our team members unique.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion applies—but is not limited—to our practices and policies on: recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of these values that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and engagement opportunities that foster the representation of all groups and perspectives.
- Contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for diversity.
- Training and outreach efforts to enhance diversity, free from bias and discrimination.
- Advocacy for groups, causes, and ideas that support the efforts listed above.