COVID-19 Operating Guidelines
La Jolla Institute closely follows public health orders issued by San Diego County and California public health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19. San Diego County is currently in the purple tier of California’s safe reopening plan.
On Monday, Dec. 7, a new COVID-19 stay-at-home order took effect in San Diego County. The order prohibits gatherings of people from different households and will be in place until at least Dec. 28 or until intensive care unit capacity projections rise to 15% or more. As essential personnel and experts in immunology, we should recognize the larger health care crisis and continue to lead by example.
What does that mean for La Jolla Institute for Immunology?
- We will stay in Expanded Research Mode with some adjustments to our current guidelines to comply with the state order and to allow the Institute to stay open and research to continue while COVID-19 case numbers are spiking across the country, straining facilities and those in front line medical positions.
- All meetings must be conducted virtually; for this reason we’ve closed the conference rooms for meetings. In accordance with current guidelines, group meetings are not allowed indoors nor the back patio. You can still eat lunch outside by yourself or in a conference room. Please put your mask back on after you’ve finished eating.
- Social distancing and face mask requirements remain unchanged and highly effective. It remains as important as ever to be vigilant about PPE. All people entering the building must sterilize hands, scan their OASIS QR code and undergo a thermal scan.
- In line with the CDC and the state of California, we strongly advise against travel during the holiday season. All employees returning from travel (regionally, nationally or internationally) have to self-quarantine for 4 days and THEN screen negative for COVID-19 before they can return to work. Screening less than 4 days from possible exposure may miss an early infection.
- IMPORTANT: All employees attending gatherings (including holiday dinners) with non-household members also have to quarantine for 4 days and THEN screen negative for COVID-19 before they can return to work. Please discuss your holiday plans with your supervisor.
It has been a long and difficult road and we fully understand that the new rules may require difficult trade-offs, especially during the holidays. Our most important goal is to protect the health and safety of you and your loved ones and we trust that we can continue to count on you to look out for each other, at home and here at LJI. We have done very well so far with limited cases. Let’s keep up the great work, continue to comply with state orders, and look forward to vaccines as they become available.
You can find specific information for each core below:
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.