COVID-19 Operating Guidelines
La Jolla Institute closely follows public health orders issued by San Diego County and California public health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Update June 17, 2021:
Effective Monday, June 21, 2021, the following guidelines go into effect and apply to all LJI employees until further notice:
- Fully vaccinated individuals are free to choose whether they would like to wear a face mask or not while inside the building.
You are considered fully vaccinated if you have received 2 doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or a single dose of the J&J vaccine at least 14 days prior, and have submitted proof of vaccination to HR. For individuals vaccinated outside the United States, the vaccine has to be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face mask indoors unless they are in a private office or outside with at least 6ft distance.
The Institute will provide N95 masks to all unvaccinated individuals at their request. Please contact Maddie McMurray for a fitting. An N95 mask is not required, unvaccinated individuals can choose whether they wear a regular face mask or an N95.
Please note: Whether someone is wearing a face mask could be related to a variety of reasons and does not signal their vaccination status. Any harassment, discrimination or retaliation related to an individual’s assumed vaccination status will not be tolerated.
All labs, cores and administrative departments can resume operations at full capacity without any physical distancing requirements.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to submit saliva samples to the OASIS screening program but must scan their QR code when entering the building. HR will make the necessary adjustments to extend your QR code indefinitely.
- Unvaccinated individuals have to submit a saliva sample to the OASIS screening program at least once a week. Collections will be done on Mondays and Thursdays.
Please note: Unvaccinated individuals who fail to submit a timely OASIS sample are NOT ALLOWED into the building until they have received a negative screening result.
Everyone, including visitors, has to undergo a temperature scan when entering the building regardless of their vaccination status.
In person meetings:
In-person meetings, including lab meetings and seminars, can resume without limits on the number of participants per room. Unvaccinated individuals have to wear a face mask.
All visitors (contractors, service providers, vendors, speakers, external core users, etc.) are allowed.
- Pre-approval for visitors by Operations is no longer needed.
- Visitors are no longer required to participate in the OASIS screening program.
- Fully vaccinated visitors have to provide proof of vaccination to HR in advance of their visit and will receive a QR code, which grants them entry without a face mask. Please email proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 858.248-0390.
- Unvaccinated visitors will have to wear a face mask while at LJI.
- Hosts are responsible for ensuring that visitors comply with LJI visitor guidelines.
Lunch rooms are fully reopened without any limits on occupancy. Fully vaccinated individuals can eat together whether inside or outside. Those not fully vaccinated may eat with colleagues when outside but need to physically distance themselves.
All LJI-stated travel restrictions are lifted. Please keep in mind that many international restrictions remain in place.
Return to work
Although child care and other issues remain, all employees are strongly encouraged to return to work on-site more frequently. A comprehensive Return-to-Work plan is under consideration right now and we will share details as soon as they become available.
We are looking forward to seeing you back at LJI soon,
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.